For the believer, God is working to get you to meet the new you. ~Pastor Harvey, Sr.
Sunday #turningpoint: It’s one thing to be chosen; it’s another to follow through.
For further application, consider Philippians 2:13.
The Lord chose us, appointed us, then placed/planted us to produce lasting fruit–(1) memorable deeds that glorify God, (2) new committed followers of Christ, (3) character marked by the fruit of the Spirit.
Being chosen by the the Lord should remind us to:
- be humble–because He picked us out and not the other way around,
- be helpful–because He planted us where we could bear lasting fruit, and
- be prayerful–because bearing fruit facilitates divine favor.
Being chosen by the Lord means the Lord values us to be with Him and do for Him, what He chose us to do.
Being chosen by the Lord means the Lord put in us the ability to do what He chose and appointed us to do.
Being chosen by the Lord means He expects communication and cooperation, based on our connection with Christ, for success.
God wants us to be like fruit trees–giving others some good and giving Him some glory!
Question(s) for growth:
- Beyond a relationship with the Lord, what has the Lord chosen you for in this time?
- How does knowing the Lord chose you, bless you?
- What fruit is the Lord wanting you to produce? How can prayer help you in producing it?
- How can the church help you or be praying for you? (Share here or send us your prayer request at firstname.lastname@example.org).